Republicans for Obama
You are hereForums / Issues / Church and State / "Our constitutional guarantee of religious liberty is going toe to toe with an agressive agenda"
By Nightporch - Posted on 18 February 2009
I'm sure the biggest threat to West Virginia is gay marriages.
I'm sure the "Bubba wants to marry the family mule" argument will come up.
Soundtrack that reeks of Gorgonzola: Check.
"God" mentioned in the first second: Check.
Animation technique and editing reminiscent of a condescending instructional video: Check.
Demonization of opposing viewpoint a la playing the victim and using children as ideological shields: Check.
It's sad that we've reached a point where 'government service' is a dirty word... If we're the greatest country on earth, maybe we can have the greatest government.Lewis Black
I found several things interesting in this video:
1) they are drawing the conclusion that somehow gay marriage threatens religious freedom.
2) Demonizing lawyers, in particular the ACLU.
3) Judges are now being pressured to be 'progressive'.
4) They've already made 'liberal' a dirty word, now it's on to 'progressive'.
5) Obviously, when judges use the Constitution to uphold gay marriage, they are wrong. When THEIR judges use the Constitution, well.........they are simply upholding the Constitution.
6) If you teach this stuff in school, those children might turn gay.
I guess I will never understand this irrational fear these people have. Are they so weak in their faith that they believe ANYTHING can make them change?? Why is it that they think what I do would, or should, have any influence on them? Pretty frightened bunch, if you ask me. Their faith is not strong AT ALL!!
I couldn't sit through the whole video, but the segment about "people out side the state of Virginia sending money to promote homosexuality" (GASP) struck a nasty chord.
As a Californian proposition 8 won (against homosexual marraige) because of outside money. So it's okay to do in California, but not in Virginia?
RepublicansforObama.org is not affiliated with the Obama Presidential Campaign